Niagara Falls Canada: Trius Cabernet Sauvignon

If you haven't visited Niagara yet, I would highly recommend going and when you do, do not miss the oppurtunity to eat at The Keg Restaurant!
This restuarant has beyond amazing service, food, atmosphere and views. It was also the first place I was introduced to Trius Cabernet Sauvignon. (You can see a picture of the bottle above)
Trius is a Canadian wine, which I don't have much experience with yet, but it sure was a GREAT first impression! It has been 7 months since I visited Niagara Falls and I am STILL thinking about this cab! It was rich but so smooth at the same time. It had oak and fruit flavors with a wonderful start and finish. Perfect with any food!
It may have been the falls that assisted the wine to become one of my top three of all time (thus far), but I don't mind the reason when the wine is this good!
I have yet to see Trius in the states so far, but you can order online. Keep an eye out though and remember the name TRIUS! ;)

The winemaker described it as:
"This medium-bodied fruit forward wine has soft tannins and food friendly acidity. Juicy red and black fruits fill the mouth, and juicy red currants and a touch of spice linger on the drying finish."

Trius website

0 comments:

Post a Comment